Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2009
Updated: Saturday, April 13, 2013
This section is for language-specific topics. They can be equally applied in any environment.
- JS: var self = this? — another popular idiom explained with examples.
Browser's DOM is a source of never-ending bugs, and gotchas. I tried to answer some of them:
The collection of miscellaneous answers on all browser-related things:
- How do I reduce view duplication between client and server? — the discussion of techniques to simplify your web application's rendering subsystem.
- Consuming remote web services from client-side script — available cross-domain request techniques to overcome the "same origin" policy.
- When to prefer JSON over XML? — my take on this popular topic.
Testing and debugging
- How to setup the Dojo Objective Harness test case structure for testing custom code? — yes, we can!
- Testing REST web service client when the services don’t yet exist — I use Charles (thanks to Dustin Machi who brought it to my attention).
Like any library Dojo has its share of misunderstandings, and underdocumented features.
Hints to help you use Dojo:
- Dojo Parameters for Tabs — read Dojo sources like a pro.
- Is there a good embeddable code widget for blogs — hints on using dojox.highlight.
- How do you manage your DojoX code? — the overview of several techniques you can use to patch Dojo. The last technique is courtesy of Dustin Machi.
- How to make Dojo a bit more lightweight? — use CDN or a custom build — your choice.
Struts 2 & Dojo files are too heavy and affect site’s performance.. Any remedies? — tightening up your Dojo-based web applications.
A legitimate question. Some answers:
- Conflict between Drag and drop and sortable jquery plugins — you can go with independent plugins only that far…
Most recent related documents:
- In Development::Web::AJAX:
- In Development::Web::AJAX::Dojo:
- In Tutorials:
If you want to rate this post or write a review for others to read — use the gadget in the top-right corner of the page.
Leave a comment below: